Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Disclaimer

One thing I'd like to clarify is that I am not interested in speaking Spanish "correctly". What I want most for my kids is to be able to understand and be understood, even if what they're saying isn't the textbook way to say something. Most fluent speakers of a language don't speak grammatically correct anyway. In English we almost never say, "I'm going to go to the movies." We tend to say, "I'm gonna go to the movies."

So the focus of this blog is to practice what fluent Spanish speakers actually say when speaking to their children. Much of what I post will be from asking my friends what they say, and some of it will be from what I find online in lessons and forums.

I will try to get fluent Spanish speakers to check my posts for accuracy, but they're all busy parents so corrections may come in a bit later than the initial posts. I appreciate your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment