Monday, October 25, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to Spanish for Mommies (and Daddies, grandparents, nannies, and any one else who's interested in learning to speak Spanish with children).

I have two small children, and I would love for them to be bilingual.  I believe that learning any second language early on will help kids develop that part of their brains so that they will be able to learn other languages more easily, even much later in life.

This blog is to provide specific examples of Spanish that can be used with young children.  Most posts will be organized by context (e.g., greetings, dining table conversations, asking a child do something, etc.)  In addition, I also plan to blog about things I learn about various Spanish cultures and traditions.

I welcome suggestions of topics, resources I should check out, and especially corrections on anything I post that is inaccurate or could be stated better.  I'm really excited about this journey and sharing it with my children, my friends, and family.

¡Vámonos! (Let's go!)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new blog! Hope you have lots of fun learning Spanish. (I would have written all that in Spanish, but I don't know how. Your blog will help me learn, though.)

    ReplyDelete